August 25, 2012

Ho Hum........

Not much really going on here, which is why I haven't been writing as much.  We are trying to get into a decent routine for homeschooling, that doesn't start at 10am.  Unfortunately, I don't want to wake the boys up much earlier than I am (7:30), because then we will accidentally wake my aunt up.  Once we get into a better place, it will be easier :)  We are plugging away at the school work, although we still aren't getting everything done each day that I would like.  Mostly it's extra stuff, like the boating course for Joe, but we are covering the basics.

I have been working a lot on the genealogy side of things, and if you would like to see what I have been up to, you can visit my blog here.  I have made quite a few new discoveries lately that have me super excited :).

I am always on Pinterest, so I thought I would share a few links here that were of interest to me lately:

-A simple firewood rack that won't cost a lot.

-Couple transforms school bus into tiny home.

-Ideas for transforming an 80's kitchen into something beautiful (gave me some great ideas for that future "fixer upper").

-Crockpot Honey Apple Pork Loin

-Crochet: How to tidy up ends....this woman is my hero now! 

-And for a funny.......Apes on helium sound like opera singers.  My question is...who came up with the bright idea to actually test this?

I am going to spend a little time cleaning my bedroom today.  When you have no real furniture (think totes etc), it gets cluttered quickly.  I will also be working on the genealogy today.  The boys are going to Skype with their grandmother and father today....that should be fun!  Grammy has never talked on Skype before, so we might get some laughs.  She is a great person, and despite her son and I being divorced, she has always been there for us.

Hope you all have a great weekend!



 

2 comments:

  1. It's always hard to find a homeschool routine, right? I think everytime we think we've figured it out, something changes and we have to re-figure. :) Thanks for the your Pinterest link - I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mama Tea! My aunt sleeps in the livingroom, so I am hesitant to make too much noise too early. I go outside on the deck to have my coffee, since I get up at 6 most days.

      Delete

Followers