August 17, 2012

Same Ol', Same Ol

Apparently, my computer hates me this morning.  There is some sort of issue with the updates it is trying to do (on Microsoft's end, not mine), and while I was nearly done with this post..poof...it shut down.  So let's try this again.

Yesterday, the boys and I took a day off from our normal bookwork.  We all have various "projects" we are working on, on our computers.  Joe has been researching "ghost" sightings in our hometown from NH, so he can write his own.  Tom has been diligently working in his "virtual" world of Minecraft (think virtual Lego's), and I have been doing a bit of researching on our genealogy.

So we played around on the computers yesterday morning, and then after lunch took a trip to the library.  I never plan anything for after the library, because the boys are usually engrossed in whatever books they took out.  I was surprised that Tom had to be made to take a book home.  He is a bit "off" lately, I think puberty is kicking his butt a bit.  Can't wait till it subsides.

I didn't want to cook a traditional meal last night, just wasn't feeling it, so I bought some Pillsbury pizza crust and made these:




One has hamburger and American Cheese for the boys, the other is chicken and Swiss cheese for my aunt and I.  I just rolled out the pizza crust, put the precooked fillings in the middle, and folded the ends and sides up.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, and ta-dah...dinner.  Simple, filling and yummy.  We are already planning what we can add to the next ones (veggies, etc).  Made in a smaller version, they would be very much like homemade hot pockets.  I will be trying them next time, with my own dough, rather than store bought.

Today is back to book work for the boys, and I will be working on more genealogy stuff.  Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious! haunted house huh? Right up my daughters ally.She wants to go see Chip Coffee,a medium in st Paul in Oct but cost to much

    ReplyDelete

Followers