September 18, 2012

Sickies and It Works

Tom has been fighting something sinus related for a few weeks now. It seems to clear up a bit, then bam, it hits again.  His constant sniffling is enough to drive a woman batty. 

It seems he learned to share well, as I tried to teach him when he was little, because today I woke up with a sore throat, achy ears, and a dull headache.  Not fun.  So school work today will be documentaries, with a journal entry about one at the end of the day.  He is running a little bit of a fever, so taking it easy today isn't a bad thing.

I have been seeing posts and pins all over the internet the last few months about regrowing celery from the end piece of a batch you use.  I thought, just to see if it works, I would give it a try.  A neighbor gave me a bunch of celery, which I cut up and put in the freezer to use for soups and such down the road.  She also gave me some of those skinny green onions.  Well I planted both into a coffee can, and guess what?

It works! :)  I am going to transfer the celery to a can of it's own, since it is getting a bit crowded as the onions grow bigger.  I think there is only one onion that didn't take hold. Pretty darn cool :).

And, weather wise, we are getting hit with a pretty good front today.  There is a tornado watch for most of the central/eastern part of NC today.  The wind is really picking up right now, as you can see from this video...


I'm off to work on some crocheting, and some blog reading.  Gotta take some more motrin, to keep the achies at bay. 

Have a great day!
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how but I think Tom shared his germs with me, too! We can think about (and commiserate) with each other as we lie about today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rut Roh Mama Pea...darn kid!!! :) Hugs and hope you feel better too.

      Delete
  2. Hurray for the celery! Thanks for sharing that. I will definitely have to try it.

    The only thing I didn't like about living in NC was that its in both the northern and southern allergy belts. A real bummer for the sensitive.

    ReplyDelete

Followers