October 12, 2012

Eggless Chocolate Cake

So, what do you do?  You are out of munchies, out of eggs, and can't go to the store until Saturday............take to the internet of course!

I went in search of an eggless chocolate cake recipe after dinner last night, so that the boys would have something for desert.  I found several but they were too large for what I wanted.  I didn't want to make a huge cake if the boys didn't like it, and then have to throw it out.

This recipe was perfect.  It made a small cake, and I had enough frosting in the freezer for it.  I did tweak it a bit though.  Below is the recipe, with my modifications.

Eggless Chocolate Cake
1-1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cold water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°F.

Spray a small baking pan (8x12) with vegetable spray or Baker's Joy.

Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well (I use an electric mixer).  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

This cake came out fabulous!  I doubled the cocoa powder (yes we are chocolate addicts lol), and omitted the vinegar (I HATE vinegar) from the original recipe.  This will now be my new "go to" cake recipe from now on.  No more buying cake mixes for this momma!  I think it would also be good if you used unsweetened baker's chocolate (melted), or if you don't like the dark chocolate taste, use semi sweet chocolate melted.

It was moist, light, and delish!!!

And a bit of a rant.....I recently asked a person in my family (not directly related) to not do something, concerning my daughter.  I was polite, said please and thank you, etc.

What I got back this morning was a rude, disgusting reply.  Thanks to my aunt listening to me vent, and talking to my daughter, I have decided not to respond.  Rather I will remove this person from my life.

Tip to young adults (and I use that term loosely with this young woman)....don't insinuate that you know what is best for my daughter, who for 20 yrs I have helped.  I gave birth to her, and raised her pretty much on my own.  Don't assume because you have a 5yr old, that you know what is best for my family and I.  And NEVER EVER attack one of my children.  It will find you on the wrong side of this momma bear.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers