October 22, 2012

It's Monday!

Catchy title huh?  Figured I would put that out there, just in case you forgot what day it was :P

Today we are getting back into our bookwork for school. It's been hit or miss the last few weeks, with getting set up with new doctors, and then the fair.  Back to a more normal schedule.  Ahhhhhh.

I do have some good news!  After 4 years of fighting with insurance companies to cover Cymbalta for my shoulder, they are finally going to be doing it :)  Yeah me!  This is the one med I tried 4 years ago, that didn't make me so loopy I can't function.  It is a med that was originally created for depression, but they found out that it works well for pain in diabetic neuropathy and fybromyalgia...both very similar to my CRPS.  My new doctor down here, Dr. Weber, gets it.  He himself has had a shoulder injury, and he has treated CRPS before.  I was very impressed with him, and very glad my new primary doc recommended him.  It will take a bit to build up the dose, and to see any results, but just a few days into it and already the muscle spasms in my neck are calming down a bit. That alone is a huge plus, since it was causing horrific headaches.  Time will tell how it does.

And a tiny bit of a rant for a Monday morning.....I have been having an ongoing conversation with someone about the election.  She picks my brain, asks questions, but ultimately sides with the current president.  Mostly because she listens to a friend of hers, who drinks the kool-aid the mainstream media hands out, by the gallons.  Fast forward, and after all of this, she admits the other morning that she doesn't vote.  Never has.  To say my jaw hit the floor is an understatement.  Good thing she wasn't looking directly at me, because she wouldn't have liked my expression.  A few days later, and I am still floored.  Speachless.  I won't say anything more about it to her, it's pointless.  I will just go and exercise a right that thousands serve to protect each day, and vote early today.  

I am also in the process of investigating the most cost effective way to go home next summer.  I was planning on going home for a few weeks, and now it's even more important, since my daughter will be having the baby.  I want to be there when she does :).  I wouldn't miss that for the world!  It looks like Amtrak will be the most reasonable, without me having to do the long drive myself.  At least with that, I can relax, and not stress about traffic.  It will take longer than flying, but at 1/3 of the cost for the three of us, it would be worth it.

Ok, enough chatting.  Time to get the boys moving on the day :) 


2 comments:

  1. I used to ride Amtrak all the time and loved traveling by train. Such good news about the medication. It is so hard to be in constant pain and insurance companies can be a royal pain.

    About that gal you talk politics with. Being for the current president + not voting = a good thing in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh. I spoke to a high school friend whose sister travels from NH to SC using the train, and she likes it. Might be a good option for us.

      And LOL, hadn't thought about that last bit...great point!

      Delete

Followers