November 18, 2012

Craft Fair

No photos for this post, too lazy :)  It is Sunday after all.  Yesterday, my aunt and I did a craft fair a few towns away.  It was $15 for the table rental, which we split.

We did about as I suspected we would.  I sold 3 hats at $5 each.  Nothing else sold.  I don't do craft fairs for this reason.  80% of the people who looked at our knitted and crocheted items were knitters/crocheters.  They don't need to pay $50 for a nice granny afghan because they can make it themselves.  They come for ideas.  That is what I do if I go to a craft fair.  I go for the ideas....sort of like a pre-internet Pintrest.  Sometimes I buy something small that I don't feel like making myself, but not often.

I did score a bottle of raw honey from a local farm, so it wasn't a total waste.

I am a bit cranky today, thanks to my shoulder.  I took my meds, but it's still very painful.  Going to just ignore it the best I can.

I promised Joe a trip to Home Depot today, so we can look around and price things out for future projects (he is saving up to build a schooner).  Not really up to it, but I promised, so we will get ready soon.

Hope you have a good day :)   

3 comments:

  1. If you are interested we are having a Craft Fair at Tractor Supply on Raeford Road in Fayetteville on Dec 1 from 9 until 2. There is no fee to set up. I just need to know so you will have a spot. We are a military town so crafts sell well. So far we have 18 craft persons but no knitted items. We had a fair in August at same place and did super well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer Peggy! Unfortunately I am having surgery on my mouth on the 27th of Nov, so doubt I would be up to it. Appreciate you thinking of me though :) Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same experience with craft fairs. Folks are mostly idea hunting rather than shopping. I hope your oral surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Followers