November 20, 2012

Grandbaby and Crocheting





This is the newest member of the family :)  We don't know yet what my daughter Sam is having, but she is now about 4 months.  She showed me her belly on Skype the other night, it was so cute lol.

I am not going to do a ton of crocheting for her, she already made herself a baby blanket, and her boyfriend's mother is making one as well.  She has a crocheted sweater that I made when I was pregnant with her 20 years ago, that she will wash up and have ready.  I am working out a pattern I found online for boots, but I am not sure I like it yet.  We will see.

In other crocheting, this is my latest:




The pattern is called Larksfoot.  I found the tutorial  on YouTube yesterday, and despite a wonky shoulder, I wanted to try it.  I really like it! 


5 comments:

  1. Will your daughter choose to find out the baby's sex before it's born? I've always wondered what I would have done if that technology had been available when I was pregnant.

    Very attractive new crochet pattern you're working on. Be sure to show us the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so Mama Pea :) We all want to know so we know what to get her in the way of clothing. If it's a boy, she won't need much, as a friend of hers just had a little boy last year.

      Thanks! Will definitely post when it's complete :)

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your first grandbaby! Maybe this is what we all (bloggers) need if we're feeling a little blue. There's nothing like a new baby to cheer us up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more Chicken Mama! Babies just have that natural effect on people. Praying I can make it back to NH in time for the birth.

      Delete
  3. I see little elephants in the design! Cute

    ReplyDelete

Followers