November 29, 2012

Larksfoot Afghan Done

I kind of stink at taking photos of my finished projects, so forgive me if they aren't the best.  Here is the completed project, draped over my office chair:





And this one shows the edging.  It is a simple two rows of single crochet, with a final row of double crochet.  The entire afghan measures about 50" x 50", a perfect size for curling up on the couch with a hot cup of coffee or tea.




The border looks black, but is actually dark brown, which really makes the turquoise color in the variegated yarn "pop". 

My next project is going to be a king size afghan for my cousin Karla, who just repainted her bedroom in a gorgeous cream, with dark plum on the bottom.

This is the afghan I am going to attempt for that:


Image Copyright of Simply-Crochet.blogspot.com
 
I will be using a combination of a dark plum, a variegated purple, and a cream color yarn.


  

11 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful blanket & I LOVE those colors. And the little white thingies (sorry, lack of words) almost look like snowflakes - very festive in a not-red-green-in-your-face kind'a way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn :) Someone said they look like elephants hehe. Guess it all depends on perspective.

      Delete
  2. Your afghan looks so cozy! Makes me want to start a blanket of my own :) I've been embroidering tea towels lately, which is fun because you're done before you know it. But they don't keep you warm . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! I have done any embroidery in a long time, really should get my brain wrapped back around it :)

      Delete
  3. I really love those colors together! Looks so cozy and makes we want to curl up and read a book with a mug of hot cocoa. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, Mama Tea! Lol the brain isn't working today.

      Delete
  4. Yep! Still looks like elephants! HA! I love it! How long does it take you to complete something as beautiful as that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It took me about a week, but I also had a lot of "down time" to work on it. We were at my cousin's for the Thanksgiving holiday, and while visiting with family I just plugged away.

      Delete

Followers