November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Sorry, no pictures to go with this post.  I forgot to take any.  We headed over to my cousin's on Wednesday morning, arriving about noon (it's a 2hr drive).  My aunt and uncle had been there for about a week already, up from Florida, to help re-tile the kitchen counters.

My cousin was in bed, sick as a dog with something.  Congestion, coughing, fever, etc.  She has been having a hard time this year with catching viruses and such.

Thanksgiving was great, too much food, and got to Skype with my mom, daughter and dad.  They all said hi to the gang at my cousin's too.

Friday my cousin and aunt and I went to a craft show at the Coliseum in Greensboro.  Some amazing artists there!  It was pricey to get in the door ($7), and $4 to park.  But we did enjoy ourselves.  I grabbed some business cards so the boys can check out the websites of the artists.

I woke up Friday with swollen glands and a very sore throat.  Thankfully, since we got home yesterday, I have been doing hot tea with raw honey and cinnamon in it, and it is helping.  My head and throat don't hurt anymore, and I am just a bit congested.  I need to keep doing the tea today, and probably do some hot compresses to get the congestion out of my head.

I highly doubt my oral surgeon will do my procedure on Tuesday if I am still sick.  I need to go have the last 7 teeth taken out of the bottom of my mouth, to get ready for a plate.  I have needed a bottom plate for awhile, and it's finally something I can get done.  I am not looking forward to going around for nearly a month with no teeth there, but the end result will be worth it.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with family, and stay warm.     

2 comments:

Followers