December 26, 2012

Christmas Hangover





I don't know if Tom actually slept on Christmas eve.  I got up at 5:15 for coffee, and he came tip toing out of his room.  I made him go in my room, and gave him both of his stockings (one from me, one from dad).  I managed to keep him in there about an hour, and then he needed something to eat.  He proceeded to wake my aunt up, but she did get to doze for about another hour, when I finally said it was time to do these presents (frankly, I was tired of waiting).

They each got a nice little stack of cash from dad in a card, so they set up this scene for him, playing poker with the money he sent.  They used to always play with him when they went to his house on the weekends.

There were gag gifts such as this toy building set, sent to Joe for his "projects" :)

And then the torture was over......Tom got to open the Xbox.  He got to play for a couple hours before we headed to my cousin's to hang out and cook dinner.  I am proud of both boys for helping to pay for this.  When they do that, they value it much more than if it is just given to them.

We also got to talk to my parents, my daughter, and the boys talked to the their dad, all on Skype.  Thank goodness for that program!!

It's raining here today, as that weather front that hit Alabama yesterday is headed towards us.  I guess we will get some high winds by tonight, and there are watches up.  I want to just relax in my jammies all day and do some crocheting, but I might actually have to throw some clothes on and run to the store for milk later.  We will see :)

I hope you all had a super blessed day with your families :)
 





 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, kids at heart, LOL. Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Leigh :) Hope you had a great day too

      Delete

Followers