December 3, 2012

This and That

It's December 3rd, and for the second day in a row, we have all the windows open.  I am loving it :)  It's supposed to drop back down to the 50's in a few days, but for now, I will take the low 70's we are enjoying.  Although we could do with some rain....we have only had a few showers in the last month or so.

My daughter's car that we bought her earlier in the year has officially been declared a lemon.  Her father went out and got another car for her.  I don't know what it is yet, she is getting it later today and will let me know.  The Focus we bought her has been nothing but trouble for 2 months now, breaking down constantly.  The garage can't even keep it running for more than a day.  So it will be scrapped for a couple hundred dollars.  I feel bad that the car I chose for her turned out to be such a headache, but like her dad said, you can't always predict these things.

I took Tom to the doctor's this morning for another ingrown toe nail.  This is his second one.  I had never heard of this happening so much, but apparently it is common in teen boys.  Now we wait for a phone call in the next few days, to go see a podiatrist, to have it snipped.

My extraction area in the front of my mouth is healing well.  The most annoying thing are the disolvable stitches.  I wake up with strings hanging because they disolved a bit, and then it gets sore.  I have been snipping them with scissors, which helps.  I go for a recheck with the oral surgeon tomorrow afternoon, and then hopefully will have my appointment with the dentist to get my impressions done in two weeks or so.

I did manage to get my Christmas shopping done for those who are in NH, so I can get packages in the mail this week.  Not much, budget wise, but I hope everyone likes what I got them.

Ok, off to work on my cousin's afghan and get the boys going on school work.  Hope you are having a great day!    

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. I can see how those disolvable stitches would be annoying! I'm sorry to hear your daughter's car turned out so badly. Another annoyance!

    ReplyDelete

Followers