January 29, 2013

Hang Onto Your Hats Kiddos

image courtesy of WeatherChannel.com

I woke up this morning to 50 degrees, a gorgeous sunrise, and a nice little breeze.  It's supposed to be in the low 70's today, and 75 tomorrow, before these wicked storms move in tomorrow night with a new cold front.

I am going to take advantage of the good weather and air the house out good today and tomorrow, to help get rid of the cooties that have been running through us.

I will probably spend some time on genealogy and website work today, as my crocheting hand is not cooperating.  The impending weather is super obvious when you have RSD...the slightest change and you feel it.  Before it gets here.

But that's ok, I am also itching to start planting.  This weekend I am going to go get some dirt, and some inexpensive containers, and get some stuff going.  With the cool front moving in, I will probably have to cover them at night, but that's doable.  I will be using some recycled containers for some plants (I buy coffee 3lbs at a time, so those cans are great for it), and will pick up some inexpensive containers at Dollar Tree.  I want to make sure that none of them are too heavy to move, when we leave here in March.

Speaking of that.....My aunt is trying to connect with a guy that owns a small trailer park here locally, where a couple of her friends live.  He is putting in a 3bdrm modular that we want to rent.  It will be perfect for now while I get my financial ducks in a row for buying my own place later this year, and it will affordable enough that she can stay there on her own when we move.  He got it all in, and added a small deck with stairs last week, so we are hoping to go look at it in the next week or so.  I think we will get it easily, and it won't be a hard move.  We will borrow my cousin's pick up, have my SUV, and then the neighbor downstairs will help us with his truck.  That will save us the cost of renting a Uhaul.  It's a great place with lots of woods around and plenty of space for the boys to get outside, and they can ride their bikes without being on the main road.  It will be a good fit.

Ok, time to get busy for today.  Hope you all stay safe with this weird weather :)  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers