January 24, 2013

Ho Hum

So, as I mentioned before, I was in bed most of last week.  I am feeling better, although still not 100%, but at least I am functioning again.

My aunt got it over the weekend and has spent most of the week in bed.  She got the really bad congestion though, which I am grateful I didn't get.  Tom now has it...he started with the high fever, and pounding headache.  Two days later and he has swollen glands, and his throat is so puffy and sore, which makes it hard to swallow.  He will be staying in bed today and taking it easy.

We have been in the deep freeze, like most of the country.  Although, compared to back home in NH (-11 yesterday without the windchill), I cannot complain, but I will lol.  It was 17 out when I got up at 5am yesterday.  We got to 30, but with the wind it didn't feel it.  This morning it was 25, but the wind is even more blustery, so it feels colder.  That darn wind is what does you in.  And go figure, by next week we will be 60 again :).

Today is going to be a light day.  Joe and I will run a few errands, such as the library, and then just relax the rest of the day.  I didn't sleep good last night, so I will probably take a nap later this afternoon.  Just zero energy today.

Hope all of you are staying warm and safe in this cold.    

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've been sick Stephanie. And the rest of your family too! No fun especially with this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh. We will get over it eventually, just makes getting much done a slow process lol.

      Delete

Followers