January 28, 2013

Productive.....even if it kills me

That is my motto for today, and the rest of this week.  I need to get off my duff.  I have been busy crocheting away during my being sick the week before last, and most of last week as I tried to recouperate.  I now have a touch of the crud back, just congestion and a bit of an earache, but I am bound and determined not to be a slug this week.

Both boys are down with it, sounding like someone stuffed tennis balls up their noses (massive congestion), we are still going to get our bookwork done this week.  We need to stay on track, and Tom didn't get much done last week due to the crud.

So what is on my agenda?  Well, some serious computer work.  I am still tweeking my genealogy site, trying to get things more organized and set up so they are easier to find.  I am also still trying to figure out the new layout for the site that will take the place of this one.  I am excited about it, and can't wait to get it going.  But, sometimes the congestion does affect the brain cells, and I just wasn't up to thinking a lot over the last two weeks.

I also let my exercise go out the window, and feel even more like a slug because of it.  I slacked off, and started drinking soda again for about 3 weeks, which added the 8lbs I had lost, back on in the blink of an eye.  So, as of today, I will be doing a walk during the boy's lunch break, every single day, whether I want to or not (and usually I don't).  I haven't decided how often to do the yoga video...maybe every other day, we will see how I feel when I get back into it.  I am sick of feeling and looking the way I do.  I only have myself to blame though.

I picked up some seeds this week, to start a container garden on the back deck.  I need to get the containers and some dirt the end of this week, and start planting.  Because we will most likely be moving into a trailer park by the end of March, I won't be able to do a large in-ground garden this year.  But I can still produce a lot of food in containers, and I will make them portable so we can take them with us when we leave.  It seems weird to be talking about planting in January, but I have to learn the new way of doing things down here.  In NH, most years, you don't dare plant anything before Memorial Day.  I will be getting some plastic though, to make sure I can cover them if need be.  We are getting some chilly nights below freezing.  I also got my Baker Creek seed catalog in the mail, so I think I will order some stuff from them to try in the containers, but also to put away for next year.

What's on your "to do" list this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers