January 18, 2013

Winter?

Apparently, in NC, when a snow flake appears, everything shuts down.  Yesterday was, for the most part, like the rest of the week.......rain, and lots of it.

Then the weather man announced we would be getting from 1-3 inches of snow during the evening hours.  Panic set in for the locals!  I sat watching the news, laughing at the "oh my God, the world is ending" mentality over those few inches of snow.  What would they do if they actually got a real storm?  Like the 18-24" we got several times a week in NH, from January to March?  They might have severe shock.

My bigger concern was the extreme temperature drop.  All that rain water froze under the little bit of snow, and they just don't have the equipment to deal with black ice from what I am seeing so far.

I need to go down the road 5 minutes, this morning for Joe's root canal.  That is if they don't call and cancel on me, which from what my aunt tells me, is most likely.  I don't worry about my driving, as I have been driving in stuff like this forever.  I worry about the locals, who don't have a clue.  Already the local news website says that all schools have cancelled. That was another laughing moment for us.  Not one snow flake had fallen last night as of 7pm, yet schools were cancelling left and right.  In NH, if school gets cancelled at all, and most times it won't if it's going to be a foot or less of the fluffy stuff, they won't cancel until 10 minutes before the bus comes to pick the kids up.

Ahh, just another adjustment to the NC mentality :)  On another note, the crud is still hanging around.  The ears and throat feel better, but I must have some good swelling going on.  The glands and sinuses are still swollen, and yesterday I had a real bad time with vertigo.  There isn't any fluid behind my ears I don't think, because I never had any congestion.  I chalk it all up to swollen things.  I don't want to get an antibiotic, as I am trying to build up my immune system to fight things like this on it's own. I spent way too much time as a kid on antibiotics for stuff like this.

So, I will continue to take it a bit easy, keep drinking the tea w/honey & cinnamon, and just let my body do it's work.

Hope you all are doing good, and have a fabulous weekend!    

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. I've been sick, too, and it's no fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I seem to feel better, and then the headache and dizziness hit me like a ton of bricks. Feel better soon!

      Delete

Followers