February 12, 2013

It's Tuesday!

Yep, apparently that is a good thing.  We didn't have a bad Monday, just "off" a bit.  I got a lot done that I had been putting off though.  Tons of phone calls made, including one to the orthodontist for Tom.  When I cancelled my phone I had through AT&T and went to StraightTalk, I thought I changed my number with all the doctors and such.  Nope, forgot them.  We got a letter Friday that he was approved to get his braces.  So yesterday afternoon we ran there and got some spacers put in as preparation for the big day...Monday the 18th.  I think he is sort of looking forward to it, although if you ask him, he will deny it.  The poor kid will have to have them for 2 years, because his overbite is so severe.  Part of it is hereditary (we all have a larger upper jaw than lower jaw), but he also had an issue with his teeth when he was loosing baby teeth.  So here we are.  It will be worth it in the end.

I had to set my cousin's afghan aside again, due to needing another skein of dark purple yarn.  Once I get that, and the couple of skeins to do her curtains, I should be done done done with that project.  I don't know if I will ever volunteer to make a King size afghan again.  I was "over it" about a month ago lol.  Since I cannot just sit still, I am working on my mom's afghan that I am making for her.  She has been crocheting her little heart out for a year, making new afghans for every single person in the family, so I wanted to make hers.


This is the first panel.  It is a wonky color in the photo, but the actual colors are off white, an olive green (with specks of brown and such in it), and an emerald green.  I made a strip of 6 grannies (3 rows of each color), and then decided to try something new ....a tunisian stitch on the sides between the granny panels.

It doesn't show up as nicely as it looks in person, but this is called the Honeycomb stitch.  It gives it almost a trellis look between the panels, so I think it will work up really nice, and balance out that dark emerald color.  Shouldn't take too long to make this one up.  I am hoping to have it done the end of next month.

We are definitely moving next month.  We have been back and forth on the phone with several local landlords, trying to find a place to rent before our lease is up next month.  And it's come down finally to that one place we knew about 2 months ago.  It's a 3bdrm, 2 bath modular that is being put in a private mobile home park where several of my aunt's friends live.  Yes, the one I wrote about her flip flopping on before.  I am not a good person to deal with the back and forth trail that her brain seems to take, but it's finally settled.  The place is ours.  We haven't actually seen it yet, but I know it will work just fine.  Plenty of space, he is finishing up the work on the inside, and plenty of room for the boys to get outside.  I am grateful to have a "for now" landing spot for us until I get seriously shopping for our own home come fall.  So we will start packing sometime here in the near future.  It won't be too bad, since most of our stuff in still in storage, and we only have some stuff here at the apartment.

The sun is out for now, and it's supposed to be low 60's again today, so I think this afternoon we will get some of our school work done out on the deck.  Hope you all have a great day! 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. It must be a huge relief to have made the final decision on moving to your new place . . . one step closer to the homestead! This move will be a breeze compared to the last move. Love the look of the afghan you're making for your mom. Be sure to get us a picture of the finished project, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found a place. Sometimes housing is hard. Glad to hear the braces were a go. Both my kids had them and I think it helps their confidence a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Followers