February 8, 2013

Why I Moved South

Technically, there was more than one reason for my move, including budgetary.  But this definitely ranks right up there:


Do you see where that head of the arrow is, just on the NH/ME border?  That is right where my parents live.  Do I miss that?

Not on your life!  I am grateful to be down here where we got only a bit of rain overnight.  I do not look forward to being stranded for days with no power, and massive shoveling to do the simplest of things.

I am obviously keeping everyone in prayers, as I have family from NH to CT and NY.  And especially for my younger brother, who works for the town now, doing plowing.  He is going to be out straight, with little sleep, for the next few days.  Also the kid's father and his brothers, who will be out and about all over New England, making sure the power stays on, or bringing it back on.

Ahhh, 42 and sun sounds really good about now :)

Have a great Friday.   

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Quite the whopper of a storm it looks like those folks are in for. I wouldn't like being without power for days at a time either. Don't blame you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not pretty at all! Pretty darn close to the Blizzard of 78, if not worse. Will be calling my mom in the next few days to see how they fared.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I'm in California and not on the East Coast..We get a little snow once in a while here in the Sierra Foothills but it only stays for a few hours..

    Have a great weekend! Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not in the North East any more either Jo :). We have had a bit of ice this past month, but it's never lasted more than a day.

      Delete

Followers