March 11, 2013

Horrible at Follow Through

I am not going to lie.......a few months ago I posted about exercising, and trying to get into shape.....and I have slacked off so much, that I have put on another 10lbs, rather than losing any.

I could use the excuse that I am stuck in apartment, or that I homeschool all day, etc., etc.  But the honest to goodness fact is that I stink at follow through.  I always have.

But I hate what I see in the mirror staring back at me.  I hate that I have 2 favorite skirts, that I cannot wear at the moment.  I hate that I feel like crap.

It would be easy to go the easy route......starve myself to lose the weight, I have done it before.  Or pills you buy at the drug store, I have done that before too.  But I don't want to.  I WANT to make this work, with the hard work that goes along with it.

I am going to just have to pull up my big girl panties, stop using excuses, and do the hard work.  I won't give up my Smarties candies all together, but I have already cut back drastically (seriously, you have no idea how easy it is to go through a 1lb bag in a few days, when you are just sitting at your computer).  And I am hit or miss on the smoothies, but will replace lunch with one, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I have no illusions.  It took me a year to pack on 40lbs, it's not going to come off in the blink of an eye.  And I'm not going to lie........I wish it would.  I wish I could go to sleep, and wake up 20lbs lighter tomorrow.  It doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

Yesterday the boys and I went for a walk, mostly flat surface, and I was out of breath.  Not good.  If I think I am going to have a homestead of my own, I have to be able to run it, and do the things necessary.  I can't do that if I am overweight and out of breath.  In another year or two, the boys will be gone, and it will be just me.

Ok, rant over.  Did my exercises already this morning (will do another batch tonight before bed).  Going to go for a walk during lunch today.  Have a great day!   

6 comments:

  1. Boy, I hear ya Sister! I hate the extra lbs that snuck up on me the past few years. I'm just not much for dieting. I'm hoping that with the warmer days ahead I'll be too busy to eat and I'll loose a few.

    I can dream anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to come quicker the older we get, doesn't it? And harder to make it leave :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess to having added pounds over the past several years as well. You're right that it needs a lifestyle change, not just a quick fix. You've got a lot of folks empathizing and rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are we all in the same floundering boat? I can stay away from the snacks and sweets without too much trouble but, oh, do I like to eat good food! I know they say find an exercise you like to do and concentrate on that one. The best thing I've ever found is walking. I like to slow run/jog, too, but I have to get in better shape by walking before I can do that again! Seriously, Stephanie, I do believe that lots of walking can do more to shave those pounds off than nearly anything else. And if you can move into a fast walk with the arms bent and pumping, they say we exercise many more muscles than we think. Sure wish we lived close. I could use a good walking partner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stinks doesn't it Mama Pea? My biggest issue other than the Smarties, are potatoes and pasta....yummmm. Thanks for the tips on the walking. Been going everyday since I wrote this, so will work up to that as soon as I can.

      Delete

Followers