March 21, 2013

In It's Rightful Home


The massive afghan is finally in it's rightful home.  I am not entirely happy with how it turned out, but my cousin is, so that is all that counts.

Funny thing is, she is moving by next Tuesday.  They decided to put their house on the market, and move back to FL to be closer to her hubby's family, since his health is not good.  Their house sold in 1 month, much faster than they thought it would.  They will be in a rental here in NC for about a month, before heading south to FL.

The good news is, it looks like they already found a place to buy down there.  Just a few hiccups to the closing, but it should go through.  I am glad she was able to find something so quickly.  She has been through a lot in the last 8 months or so, and needs good JU-JU to come her way for awhile.

I will miss her, since we won't see each other as often.  Instead of being 2 hours away, she will now be 8 hours away.  My aunt and I will still drive down, but maybe once or twice a year, rather than multiple times.  But, they need to do what is best for them and I get that.

I am now working on some hexagons for a swap I am doing with an online friend, and also working on my mom's afghan for her bed.  Won't get far on the latter until next week though, as I need more yarn.

Hope you all are having a great day    

6 comments:

  1. Glad your liked it, and I do to. What are the dimensions, it is huge. Did you come up with the pattern on your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended up being about 120" long, and 90" wide. I used a pattern inspiration I found on Pinterest back around Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. That afghan is a work of art. (Yikes, just think of all the individual stitches you put into it!) No wonder your cousin is happy with it. Always good to hear, in this difficult economic time, when a house sells quickly . . . and that they could find another home right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama Pea :) Yes, I am very happy for her and her hubby, although I will miss them.

      Delete
  3. Darlin, it's BEAUTIFUL! You did an amazing job!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Followers