April 8, 2013

Ahhhh :)

Yesterday was a great Sunday.  Nothing major happened, we just enjoyed the day.  I spent nearly 3 hours hanging with Tom, who introduced me to the movie "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring".  I really enjoyed it!  And of course, it's always cool to hang with my kiddos.  Sometimes, because we are cramped in this apartment, we tend to hibernate...Joe on the couch, me in my bedroom with the laptop (I keep the door open so I can talk to everyone), and Tom in the boy's bedroom with his video games.

Now, I am about to share something that made me let out that "Ahhhh" in my title.  First let me preface it with an apology to folks up north (Mama Pea)....I don't mean to wallow in my happiness, but I just had to let out a little happy squeal when I saw this week's forecast:

 Now that is what I am talking about!  The only bad thing about it is I don't have gardening space yet, so I will have to fight the urge to play in the dirt.  But hopefully that will change soon.  Our friend is putting in an offer on a house to rent to us in the next week or so.  And since she is doing cash, it shouldn't take long to close on it.  We are hoping for the end of this month, but at the latest, it will be the end of May.  I would rather move before I go home for the month of May to meet my new grandson, but if it's not in the cards, that's ok.  I will just get everything packed before I go.  Who knows, I might be able to get some gardening in this year after all.

Despite this gorgeous weather, we need to buckle down on school work for the boys.  Last week we didn't do much in book work because of all our appointments.  I really would like to get the next few weeks of good, solid work in before we take the break to go home.  Then we have to do testing when we come back, and take a bit of a break before starting all over again in August.

Hope you all have a great Monday!  

4 comments:

  1. This warm weather is wonderful, isn't it? I just dread the summer heat, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Leigh! I don't mind the summer heat, it's the humidity that gets me, but as long as I have my inhaler, I'm ok :)

      Delete
  2. Don't feel the least bit bad enjoying your wonderful spring weather! I get kinda warm and itchy to be gardening just LOOKING at your forecast. We're having a very typical (non)spring here. Good chance (70-90%) of snow today and tomorrow and the highs for the next week are only into the 30s. (I know that would put you into deep depression this time of year!) We usually have winter, winter, winter until one day the temp soars into the 70s and it's summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya Mama Pea...as we speak, back home they are getting sleet and snow...just wish I could send some your way :)

      Delete

Followers