April 21, 2013

Brrrrrr and Random Thoughts

Now let me just say, I know there are LOTS of people who would be exstatic with those temps.  But seriously, when the storms rolled through Friday night, we went from near 90 degrees, down to 40's, in almost the blink of an eye.  This morning when I got up at 6am, it was just barely 40 and windy.  A cold wind.  I guess Mother Nature is getting me ready to go back to NH in a few weeks lol.

My tickets are all purchased for our flights, and the bus service from Boston to NH.  I am so grateful things have settled down in Boston now that the terrorists are not running around.  It would have made it interesting for sure.  I am praying constantly for those in Boston, as well as Texas, who have had such a horrific week.  It breaks my heart to see so many hurting.

I also just ordered the baby's porta crib online, and it will be shipped right to my daughter by the 29th.  And I scored free shipping :).  Can't beat that.  She made out like a little bandit at her baby shower given by the gals she works with, but she still needs some stuff, so I will be giving her a shower with family and friends soon after she has Jack.  I am limited by only being there 3 weeks, so it will probably be the weekend after she has him.  Then she should be well on her way :)

My mother and I are still working on convincing her to come down here and live with me.  She is pretty much on board, but her fiance isn't.  Need to work on that boy while I am back there.

I bought myself an early birthday present yesterday....now if you know me, I don't really celebrate my birthday (it's later in May).  I like cards from my kids, but that's about it.  But I splurged and bought myself this yesterday.

 It's a 7" tablet :)  I spent a bit of time yesterday playing with it, getting my favorite apps set up on it.  I got a really great price at Walmart for it, so couldn't pass it up.  And it will travel to NH with me....much lighter and easier to take than the 17" laptop.

I always use any money I get as gifts for my birthday or holidays for other things....like groceries or gas in the truck.  So I didn't feel too badly about getting this.  And it will be a great back up in case the laptop ever dies.

Ok, off to run a couple errands and get some more packing done today.  Need to get Joe's stuff packed up before we leave.  Have a great Sunday!   

3 comments:

  1. Jee-hee-hee! Yep, Mother Nature is definitely hardening you off for your trip northward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nifty birthday present! Good buy. Sounds like you're getting excited about your trip, as you should be. I hope you have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete

Followers