April 28, 2013

The Push Is On....

A week from Tuesday, we will be flying back to NH.  Hard to believe the time has gone by so fast.  I need to get a lot done before then.

It looks like we will probably be moving in the few days just after we get back, at the end of May.  So I need to get the rest of our stuff packed.  I am almost there.  Most of my room is packed, minus some things we use every day.  I am going to pack up most of the boys school books, and some other odds and ends.  Then all I have to do is take my computer armoire apart some so that it doesn't kill us, trying to get it down the stairs.  It is SO heavy.

Joe is going to go through his stuff today, and sort out the junk and get rid of it....the kid is a serious pack rat....so I can get his stuff packed on Tuesday.

We have decided to take 2 big suitcases with us, so that we can bring some extra stuff up with us.  I am nearly done my mom's afghan that I am making for her, and my cousin's wife has some baby stuff to give us for Sam.

I have also been given a head's up by my daughter, that the kid's father is going to try and convince the boys to stay up there with him.  That would be ok with me, but we have already talked about it, and they both want to come back with me.  I understand he is missing them, and I feel for him, because it will be just a few years and I know they will both go back to NH for good.  At least Joe...Tom is still iffy.  But I have let them have a say in where they will be, and told them if they wanted to stay in NH with Dad, I would be ok with it....sad and miss them horribly, but ok with it.  We have talked a lot about it.  I just hope he doesn't make them feel guilty for wanting to come back with me.

He is going through a bit of a mid-life crisis....his baby girl is about to have a baby, the boys are with me, and he isn't getting to see them every other weekend like he did before last year.  I completely understand it, because I am going through a bit of one myself.  It won't be long now, and I will be dealing with an empty nest.  I am hoping the boys and I can sit down and talk to him alone while we are home.

Ok, off to get this day started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers