April 11, 2013

This and That Thursday

image courtesy of Google.com
 
I wish I looked this good when I exercise, but it's not just the case lol.  I probably look horrific, but I am seeing results.  I am down about 5lbs so far.  Not a lot, but slow and steady wins the race.  I would like to drop at least 10lbs before I go home the beginning of May, but we will see.  I am doing a lot of healthier things, most especially drinking tons of water (which I hate).  I am having my 2 cups of hot coffee in the morning, and 1 glass of iced coffee each day (down from 3), and eating more veggies.  Still not a huge fruit fan, but I get some here and there.
 
Speaking of looking good.........isn't my daughter adorable as a Momma-to-be!?
   The gals that she works with at Walmart gave her a great baby shower the other night after work.  She made out like a little bandit, getting a car seat, clothes, diapers, and the like.  She is still waiting on a couple gifts from some ladies who couldn't make the party, but she is getting all set for the arrival of Jack.  Only 4 more weeks!
 
I also have been working on the genealogy front, and may have finally broken through my Nichols family brick wall.  Too early to tell for sure, but it is looking good.  Lots more research to do yet.
 
It's been really warm here (high 80's), but today's temp of 80 with a good breeze feels fabulous.  We have all the windows open, the trees are nearly all full of leaves, and the sun feels fabulous.  I am keeping all my friends and family, in the line of current storms, in my prayers.  And I honestly don't mean to rub the good weather in their faces.  Just can't get over having this weather so early in the year.  It's not normal for this northern girl.
 
Ok, off to get the boys busy on school work, and get myself busy on genealogy stuff.  Have a great day!  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss! Just keep eating more veggies. Fruits have a lot of natural sugar in them so I don't think any of us should be stuffing them in. (Remember fruit juice is ESPECIALLY high in sugar so it's a good idea to stay away from that.) Why don't you like water? Do you have good water? Have you tried putting a lemon slice or two in a glass to zing it up a bit?

    Your daughter has such a lovely smile in her picture. From that view, she doesn't look very big to be only 4 weeks away from delivery. Hope the time goes quickly and smoothly for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama Pea :) Good tip on the fruit and juice. I don't like water because it gives me heartburn. If I have a mint afterwards, that seems to help. Not sure what causes it.

      Sam is actually very big from what everyone who has seen her in the last week or so told me :) I only have pics to go by. She said the doc told her that Jack is about 6lbs now.

      Delete

Followers