May 3, 2013

Some Much Needed GOOD NEWS!

Yesterday I got to spend a good chunk of the day with some amazing ladies. My aunt, and two friends, Lea and Christie.  We met at a local McDonald's to knit.  My head was not totally in it, as I kept checking my phone to see if there was any news on my dad, who was going to find out the results of his PET scan.

These ladies really helped me get through yesterday, and I am so grateful to them!

The good news is the PET scan was clean!!!!!!!!!!  To say I was relieved is an understatement.  I talked to my mom last night to get the specific details.  Apparently my dad will go see the surgeon next week, and if he thinks the swelling around the area where he removed the tumor last year is just something my dad will have to deal with using medication, that that is what they will do.  They will not do anything with the small tumor on the right side of the head at the moment.  They will watch it, having him do scans every 3 months or so.  If it gets too bad, he may have surgery, or they may do whole brain radiation down the road, but my father wants to avoid that as long as possible.

Then I got a phone call from my daughter, letting me know that her fiance, who has been unemployed for over a year, just got the new job he applied for!  It pays $9.50/hour, which is fantastic for NH wages, and he will have lots of overtime.  They so needed this right now.  He is a really good kid, and loves my daughter.  But he didn't have a lot of guidance growing up, as his parents were less than stellar, and so he lacks confidence.  I made sure to tell him how stinkin' proud of him I was!!

SO, because yesterday was such a stellar day....on the way home from knitting, I bought lottery tickets.  Who knows, May 2nd might be my new lucky day!!!

   

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day you had yesterday! So glad the news on your dad's situation was good. What a huge load off all of your minds.

    So how did the knitting lesson go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! What excellent news, every which-away. Thanks for sharing. We can all use good news as often as we can get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for keeping us in prayer Leigh! Oh my gosh, when I got the news, I almost felt like I was losing my breath.

      Delete
  3. I found your blog while browsing another and have just read about you dad's cancer. If your interested you may like to pop over to my blog and read my page on Petals Cancer. He has been battling with tumours from skin cancer for the last few years. I wish your dad well and it's good to see that you have lots of support. Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I will definitely check out your blog.

      Delete

Followers