June 29, 2013

Inside The House

Today is going to be on and off rain, and so are the next three or four days.  So I guess I will play inside, and get some stuff done that I have been putting off.  I thought I would share a few photos, and I must say, they have done a wonderful job with an older mobile.  It has 2 bedrooms, and 2 baths (one of each on each end of it), with the livingroom and kitchen in the middle.  We have a tiny laundry room between the kitchen and back bedroom.  They also put a small room (probably about 10x10 on the back, that was originally used as storage, but I am using as my bedroom.

Excuse the mess in some of these pictures, they were taken just after we moved in, but it looks much better now...except the boy's room, which still needs to be unpacked (on the list for today).

 Looking at the kitchen from the livingroom.  That door on the right goes to my room, and the hall goes to my aunt's room and the bathroom.
 Boy's bathroom
 Left side of my aunt's room.  No she doesn't use a bed.  She has slept in a recliner since she had her hip replaced 2 yrs ago.
 Right side of my aunt's room.  That door on the left goes to our bathroom.
 My room.  It's too small for a bed (and I don't own one right now), so I am using a couch instead.
 Other end of my room.  This base cabinet was already in this room, so we put it on a short wall so I can use if for my computer stuff.  Just need to buy a comfy stool to put there.
 Living room, from the kitchen.  Where the office chair is, they put a small shelf on the built in corner unit, to use as a computer desk, so my aunt uses that.  Down that small hall is the boy's bathroom and bedroom.
 Joe's side of the bedroom.  He doesn't have a bed yet (we are getting one next week), but this will be what I am working on doing today...unpacking this mess.
 Kitchen facing the front of the trailer
 The bathroom off the big bedroom.  My aunt and I are sharing this one.

Not too shabby.  Obviously, it is an older mobile, so it has it's little quirks.  But we love it!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures! I think the fact that you are making this work (and quite comfortably so!) for you, your aunt and two teenage boys says a lot for your steadfast determination to make it (and I know you are gonna do it!) to your very own little homestead . . . hopefully in the not too distant future. Hope you get to work on the garden inbetween your forecasted raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mama Pea! I have so many ideas in my head, the hardest part is being patient for them to come to fruition. We are hoping down the road that he will let us have chickens, and maybe a few goats.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see it up close and personal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to either!!!! Miss you :)

      Delete

Followers