September 8, 2013

Better Late Than Never

It seems that everyone in blogger land that I follow is busy busy this time of year.  I am no exception.  Lots going on lately, so I thought I would throw up a quick update, so you didn't think I fell off the face of the earth.

I have been spending my mornings in the garden, or puttering outside on various projects.  The other day though, I got distracted by Skype, and this gorgeous little man....


And frankly, he can distract me any day!  I cannot wait for them to get down here so I can do some serious Grammy lovin' on this boy!  He has gotten SO big already!  He is 4 months on Tuesday this week.  Wow, the time flew by!!

With them coming down soon (hopefully in a few weeks), the push is on to find a place to live, so that my aunt doesn't feel claustrophobic with all of us here.  My landlord, Bud, has been beyond amazing in this.  We have found out that there is a local guy that owns various pieces of land, that he doesn't want much money for.  None of them have a home on them, so I would have the cost of a septic, well, and either a new or used mobile home.  I am getting my credit score done this week to see if I qualify for the FHA mortgage yet.  I was only 10 points shy a year ago, and have made progress in paying things off.  If I don't qualify on my own, I will see if my parents will co-sign.  They might not, but it can't hurt to ask.  Either them, or maybe the kid's dad.  We are on really good terms, he probably would do it for me.  


The garden is coming along nicely, but I keep forgetting to get pictures when I am out there working.  Duh!  I had a battle with some racoons and deer, liking my corn too much.  We solved that problem, but before we did, we lost a few ears.  The tomato plants all have fruit on them, and we have gotten some fresh green beans and cucumbers.  I am disappointed in my peas though.  They are coming in great, but they are super small and I couldn't figure out why.  Then I found a package of what I bought and planted....dwarf grey sweet peas.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr!  Next year I need to pay better attention to what I get.  We will be lucky to get enough for nibbling raw.  Definitely not enough for canning, or the freezer.

I am also going to be buying the landlord's older Ford mini van.  He only wants $1000 for it.  It's in really good shape, and it will give me something to use while I get my truck fixed (several things I have been putting off).  It will also give Sam a vehicle to drive once she gets down here.  I would really like to get another truck, but need to hold off and wait until we get a place to live, so I can see what my budget looks like.

Tom and I took an adventure walk down to one of the two ponds here on the property yesterday.  We had a good time, and cleared a spot for fishing.





And we checked out an OLD tenant house on the property.  We didn't go inside, it's in really bad shape, and you don't know what critters might be inside.  But it was fun to look at.
Today I am off to church with my landlady, Bobbie, and then will come home and relax with my knitting (I am working on my first sweater), and some Patriots football.



Hope you are having a great weekend, and have a blessed week!

5 comments:

  1. Good to have a post from you. I've been thinking about you. My gosh, your beautiful grandson looks so BIG! He's a very alert looking little guy and is going to add such a new, wonderful dimension to your life!

    By your description (pictures, please!) I can't believe how fast your garden has grown! I guess that's what happens when you live "down south" where you have good growing conditions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mama Pea! I couldn't believe it when I saw Jack on skype! I haven't seen him online in at least two months, and boy he has grown! Can't wait to get him here.
      I will get pictures tomorrow of the garden. And yes, amazed that I am still planting stuff. Definitely different from the NH weather, where everything is dying off.

      Delete
  2. Life is a struggle, isn't it. I hope you enjoy the visit. I hope they enjoy the visit. And lack of room can kill a visit for everyone. I hope the weather is nice so that more outside living and picnics can help.

    That tenant house is scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not going to be a visit Joy. They are moving down here, and I couldn't be happier! I get to have my daughter with me again, and that gorgeous baby :)
      And yes, life can be a struggle, but it's so worth it!!!

      Delete
  3. He is absolutely gorgeous! And I can't believe how much he's grown. So precious. Sounds like things are working out for you; I'm so glad.

    ReplyDelete

Followers