September 18, 2013

This and That

Good morning :)  Figured it was time for an update on other things besides the garden, although it's going well, except the corn, which the mockinbirds are destroying.

 Today is my aunt's birthday.  What she doesn't know is that on Sunday, we are throwing a surprise birthday party for her.  We are so sneaky!  I have about 20 or so people coming.  Her son is in cahoots with me, he is going to take her out to lunch on Sunday so we can get everything set up.  I hope she enjoys it.

Sam is in the midst of getting things situated to come down here for around October 3rd.  She started mailing me boxes last week, and more are on the way.  Her dad is helping her get rid of the stuff in storage.  I cannot wait to hug her and that gorgeous little boy!!!

The boys really jumped back into school work this week. We are doing pretty well.  I am super impressed with my son Tom. He is not a "writer" of any sort.  The other day I saw him taking over a page of notes on the Byzantine empire...yes, he is finally maturing!  He may still hate school work, but he is realizing he needs it.  Joe is doing college level work for me, which is going well.  It's challenging him just enough.

On the housing front....The house down the road is not available.  The owner says he is going to move into it.  But another is a possibility and my friend Kathy, the mortgage whiz, is checking on it for me.  You can see it here.  It would be ideal with the 2 houses already on it!  And a nice size lot do what I want.  The question we are trying to find out now is if it is just one deed for the whole thing, or if both those houses have their own lots.  If it is one, then FHA would let me do a mortgage.  If it is two, then it's a no go.  The plus is that because I would rent the smaller house to Sam, I can count that as income to get the mortgage.  The other plus is that it's only 7 minutes from here, so it meets my goal of staying close to where I am.  It's in G-d's hands, so we will see.

If that doesn't work out, there is an option that might keep me right where I am.  The landlord has another building on the property that he has been thinking of turning into another 2 bedroom apartment.  It already has electric, but would need a well and septic.  They really want me to stay here.  I wouldn't mind either.  So we will see.

It's been definite fall weather on and off here.  This morning it was only 52 when I got up.  I am sitting here in a hoodie, because I don't want to close the window lol.  The garden is loving it though, and is going great guns.  

I bought the landlord's van that he had for sale.  It's an old 1989 Aerostar.  The funny thing is, it's in better shape than my '98 Blazer.  He is letting me pay $70/month.  This will be my backup vehicle for when I can get my truck in the garage to fix the wipers and such, and it will also give Sam a vehicle to use when she gets down here.

I tell ya', G-d really had his hand in me moving here.  My landlords, Bud and Bobbie are amazing, and are like family.  I couldn't have asked for a better place to land.

7 comments:

  1. Omigosh, you certainly have a lot going on! Lots of options still coming your way so I'm sure something will work out and prove to be just the right thing soon (we all hope for you!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a bit chaotic at the moment...will be glad when things settle down a bit, and we are settled. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Your landlord is looking out for his best interests in wanting to keep you and I sure don't blame him. Which would YOU prefer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ultimate choice would be my own land, but if G-d doesn't want me to have that right now, I am happy staying here.

      Delete
  3. Did you tell me about the van part? Hmmm.. I can see how staying with Bud and Bobbie wouldn't be a bad thing, we'll keep praying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I did Lea. It was just officially decided a few days ago. Thanks for the prayers, they are so appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like things are going wonderfully well for you. I'm so glad. I know your true home will show up at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete

Followers